Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another Week of Training

I'd like to update a little more than once/week but that's all I seem to be getting lately. The sets are getting high on the vo2 max days so that is the bulk of the work on those days and the other day or two is focused on tension drills. Lots of Z, Fast and Loose, and other mobility work throughout the week...trying to get a little something in everyday. Here's the week.

9/29/09

Movement Prep - Croc Breath, Hollow Position Practice

-Pull Up BWx4 - 3 sets
Alt w/
-2KB BUFS and Press 16/16KGx5,4,4

-Snatch vo2max(15:15) 16KGx7 - 53 sets
These were hard today. Tough to stay fast at the end.

-Brettzel

10/1/09

Movement Prep - Croc Breath, Z-Drills

-TGU(flat to elbow) BWx5/5 - 3 sets
Tougher on right, focus on slow movement and engaging lat.

-Pull Up 10LBSx3 - 4 sets
Alt w/
-Pistol(slow neg then roll out) BWx3/3 - 4 sets

-1 Arm Swing 24KGx20(10 left/10 right) - 5 sets
Alt w/
-2KB BUC and Hold attempts
The 32's were a no go. I could get the 28's to stick for a few seconds

10/4/09

Movement Prep - Croc Breath, Z Drills, Power Position Face the Wall Squat
The squat is from the Kettlebells for Power Athletes DVD Brett Jones and Jeff O'Connor put out. Very cool move, basically you back a few inches from the wall, hold a chest expander behind your back, and squat. This move really opens the chest and fires the upper erectors, good stuff!

-Pull Up Practice
Just messing around with some various grips and drills. I found out the goose neck position is tough and hanging shoulder packs are something I need.

-Snatch vo2max(15:15) 16KGx7 - 58 sets
Felt much better than Tues.

-BU Rack Walk 20/20KGx15ft or so
I like it!

-Hanging Sh Pack, Brettzel, ASLR, Power Position Face the Wall Squat

Good week! Lately I've been trying to end with mobility and flexibility work and have notice a nice change in the way I feel when I'm not training.

3 comments:

Mike T Nelson said...

Glad you are feeling better with more mobility work!
Awesome!

Rock on
Mike T Nelson PhD(c)
Extreme Human Performance

Anonymous said...

58 sets!! nice work! at that point you really start separating the men from the boys...good work!

BTW, i picked up the kalos sthenos...very cool! i have taken an entire new look on tgu...wow!

Carl Sipes said...

Alan - Thanks man! The sets are getting up there. Kalos Sthenos is very cool. Thats how I kept myself busy with get ups that long.

Mike - Thanks, I'm really trying to make this Z thing work. I should be hitting the R and I certs in '10.