Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Playing' With New Toys 5/7/09

I got some fun stuff in the mail the other day so of course I had to work it in.

-Foam Roll on Right Lat, Shoulder Sweeps, Seated Rotation(cross leg and butterfly), YWA Rows, Back Ext/Ball

-Arm Bar 16KGx8/8
Right shoulder has been a little sore so I've been trying to take care of it.

-Pistol Practice 16KG
No real rep count here. First I used a close squat down, transfer to one leg, and pistol up. Saw these on Brett Jones' blog. Just went till I felt comfortable with them. Next I racked on one bell and tried. This was tougher for me. Ended up getting one on each side before the end.

-Rolling Thunder
New toy here. Worked up to 120lbs on left. I got 120 to move on the right side but no lock out. Fun stuff!

-CoC
Closed the #2 at a 1" choke a few times then tried the #2.5 at the 1" choke...no dice but I kinda expected that.

-1 Arm Swing 24KGx10/10, 32KGx10/10

-Snatch 24KGx104 in 5 min
Switched my rep count and got a few extra. Will keep working this till I go to Minnisota.

Finished off with some stretches and called it a day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job!! what was your count this time??

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks! 15/15, 15/15, 10/10, 10/10, 4 I'm going to try one set of 15 and see how that feels but I want to keep the transfers to a minimum.

Anonymous said...

good job...i am sure you will do good!!