Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Training - 5/16 & 5/17/09

Got some very good training in this weekend and didn't use much weight at all. I've been using the FMS for awhile now and thought I was getting the hang of the corrective strategies to bring up low scores......well it turns out there is quite a bit more I wasn't getting. I've been putting in a lot of time watching the "Secrets Of" series that goes hand in hand with the FMS and takes the correction process to a level I simply wasn't at. Some simple screens and assessments have pointed out some rather large imbalances I have going on from side to side. What I get out of that is no matter how strong and well I move now it could be better with everything working together. This whole deal has kinda made me rethink how I train myself and others. I think the CK-FMS at the end of the month will be a great experience and really help me put this stuff together.

As far as the training over the weekend, I used a lot of the foam roller, stretching, corrective strategies, and patterning movements. I also through in some weight and grip work at the end. Much more of a practice feeling than a workout feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great points!! i hear what you are saying!! especially as i age i really get a feeling that things should "work together" as one team to accomplish a movement or pattern...nice!! can't wait to hear how your weekend goes!! good luck!