Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting Back At It Again - 4/18/09

Selling our house, having a baby, and then having to move to the new house finally caught up to me. The last week or so I have been worn out. So...I took it easy and decided today was the day I needed to get a little work done. Here's how it went.

-The usual warm up moves

-SLDL 24/24KGx5/5 - 3 sets
Want to start working more with these and pistols. I think I really need the one legged work.

Alt w/

-2 KB Press 24/24KGx5 - 3 sets

Here's when the fun started...I just got a 37.5lbs blob and a 35lbs plate with a good hub on it.
Took me a few tries to get the hang of the blob but I got a good lift with each hand on video. I also got the 35lbs hub with 3 - 2.5lbs plates on it with each hand. Cool stuff!



-Ab Roll Out x5 - 3 sets

-40 Card Tear

That's it for today. Snatchin' tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool...i have done something similiar with a hex head DB...i hold them for 30 sec x 3 sets...where did you get that blob??

Carl Sipes said...

I bought it from a guy on the gripboard. I've done the hex thing too, but this dosn't even compare. Those on tape were the best two lifts by far. I couldn't even hang onto it most of the time. The roundness makes it very slick and the weight being so dense makes 37.5lbs feel very heavy. Cool stuff...I guess the gold standard is a 50(half of a 100lbs york). We'll see if my small hands got it in 'em. ;-)

Anonymous said...

that is the kind of grip stuff (holds/ weird shaped lifts) i think i would like rather than tearing and bending...but i wouldn't consider myself a "grip-guy" anyways. so we'll see...i saw a guy lift a 100 lb blob on youtube---eekk!!