Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, April 26, 2009

VO2 - 4/26/09

Just got down to business with some snatches today.

-Lower/Upper Body Twist, Shoulder Sweep, Sit&Reach, ASLR, Ham Curl w/Ball, Rolling Pattern

-Snatch VO2(15:15) 16KGx8 - 60 sets
First 50 sets had a good pace but the last 10 slowed just a bit. I didn't tear but I have a little hot spot under the callus on my right, middle finger. Not making excuses but that messed with my timing on the last 10 sets a bit.

That was all I could take today! Stretched the hips a little and called it a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work...there is a lot of "back and forth" re: this training...lots of folks coming right out and hitting 80 sets...

makes me wonder about tech...personally i can do pretty good at cutting corners on tech etc...but it always catches up...i wonder what some of these RKC's are calling "fast reps" with "good tech"...i made myself swallow a lot of pride and called a spade a spade re my personal tech and I was off--(still not perfect)--1..i loose tension too soon in the snatch...and no bracing 2. not pulling my arm back all the way 3. my reps aren't 100% as called for in the protocol...things that we have to personally correct and make right---so i wonder about some of our fellow rkc's and how easliy they fly through this workout---hmmmm ,,sorry for the venting...later alan

Carl Sipes said...

No worries...I've often wondered the same. That's why I did a lot of video when I was into this training before...especially of the later sets. It's easy to let things slide but at the same time you get out what you put in. I think we are on the same page with that one.