Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Had to Sneak it in - 8/13/09

I had to run a volleyball team through the FMS tonight after work and cut the grass after that so the training got tossed in between.

Movement Prep - Half Kneel/Dorsi Stretch into Mt Climber, ASLR, Brettzel(2 ways)

-TGU BWx1/1, BU 24KGx1/1(attempts) - 2 sets, 16KGx1/1
The 24 is getting better. I will hit this with both hands by the end of the month.
Alt w/
-SLDL 32KGx5/5 - 3 sets
I got a few extra reps in on the right leg.

-1 Arm Swing 32KGx10/10 - 5 sets
Straight up hard style! Working on tension at the top and breathing.

The z drills have become a part of every day and I have been doing other various stretches throughout the day as well. Hoping to get a run or two in this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it!! whats up with this volleyball team thing?? ps...what are your thoughts on crossfit?

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks bro! We have been working with local school...running them through the FMS and giving some training ideas. Don't know a lot about crossfit so I can't say to many bad things but here's how it seem to me. They put more an emphasis on the program itself rather than how one is moving while completeing the program. The program of the day (I think that's what they call it) just won't fit everyone, they seem more interested in smoking someone than taking the time build some actual strength and proper movement patterns. Remember the workout should be a bi-product of proper movement practice not the goal. It was either Brett or Gray that said proper movement should be the base of exercise not exercise the base of our movement. Just my 2 cents...I may be way off.

Anonymous said...

profound statement...my sentiments exactly!! i get occasional questions re: this...don't care much but i think you are right---