Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Catchin' Up

Been awhile since the last post because the sessions have been very similar. May sound boring but they have been effective. Here's the breakdown...lots of BUTGU, gob squats, swing variations, skips/jumps, and running. Also my prep work at the beginning.

On a bit of a different but kind of the same note, I went to visit a Z trainer in Chicago. A 1-2 hour session turned into a little over 4 hours and was just a great experience. I think this stuff does a great job of getting things moving right so someone can then layer some real strength on top. I'm looking into the R and I phase cert because real deal is the Z system and how the drills are used after a person has been assessed, not just going through the drills blindly. Anyway, good stuff and I look forward to learning more.

Today's training - 8/6/09

-Z-drills, Brettzel(2 ways)

-Arm Bar 24KGx5/5

-Gob Squat/Front Raise 12KGx3 - 2 sets

-BUTGU 24KG
3-4 attempts on each hand. Got part of the way down on a few before I lost it. These were legit Kalos Sthenos style get ups so my grip was fried by the time I started the decent.

-High Skips - forward/back and side/side

-1 Arm Swings 24KGx10/10 - 3 sets
alt w/
-In line Rack Walk 32/32KGx30-40 sec
Wanna try some thing ridiculously hard? Interlock your fingers and bring the elbows as close as possible on the rack and then walk heel to toe. Just try it and let me know what you think. :-)

That's it, finished with a 10 min run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

24 kg butgu!!! very impressive

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks man! I keep forgetting to bring my 20 home. The jump from 16 to 24 is wide.