Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sun 6/15/08

Felt like trying something a little different today. So, I went for the 36sec version of the snatch vo2max protocol.

-Snatch vo2max(36:36) 16KGx17 26sets
This was a lot different than the 15sec version. My heart rate was much lower, I took it every 5 sets and got 153, 155, 159, 160, 165(after 26th set). I was up around 180 for most of the 15sec version, but this one felt harder. I got some video of my last 4 sets. I wasn't happy with the way my lockout looked on the last snatches I posted while doing the 15sec version so I really concentrated on pulling the arm back today and standing tall. I think it looked better and I got some nice stretch and tension on my pecs, which I didn't get last time. I never realized how important it is to SEE your own form on moves and then be able to relate that to feel.



-TGU 32KGx10(alt sides every rep) 1set
Just had to end with some extended total body tension.

Bending on Monday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great work!!...something i am having a hard time maintaining and i saw it with you some...your are loosing your hip/ pelvic snap...

if you watch rif's blog stuff he does a good jog curling/ snapping his hips hard at the end of every swing and during every snatch...whenever i pay closer attention to this i can feel the kb fly up more....

since the wt is so light, it is much easier to stop using hips and muscle it more when your heart/ lungs start to burn...i hope this advice doesn't sound patronizing; you know your stuff!!! this is just my perspective due to the problems that i have with tech from time to time...goodluck!! later

Carl Sipes said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have to think of pushing my heals into the floor when I feel it happening. The quick hip snap actually helps my stomach engage better. I guess I don't have to torch and pull as hard. Sometimes I just go a bit farther than I probably should. Thanks for the input. Later...