Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sat 6/28/08

-Snatch vo2max(36:36) 16KGx17 24sets
This was way different than 2 weeks ago when I tried it. My buddy Alan told me my hips looked slow and I needed to finish with more of a snap(hard style). So with this in mind I set my eyes on 30 sets. No way! Apparently my hips were slow last time cause my HR was higher and I was spent after 24 sets today. My HR after the 12th set = my ending HR of 165 after 26 sets last time. I was 175 after set 18 and 176 after set 24. Thanks for the critique Alan!

-Bent Press
24KGx3/3 1set
20KGx3/3 4sets
I did the 24KG before the snatches and the 20KG after. Kendra did the snatches with me so we got right into them. In the future I would like to do the bent presses first. 24KG was just to much for my first go with this move but 20KG felt pretty good. I got some video of my second set with 20 KG. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the hip snap!! i am glad that was helpful!!! i am right there with you...the weight is light and i feel like muscling it up when i'm tired, but the purpose of the workout is to generate fast force and tax your vo2...not the muscles - KJ is the man!!

Your bent press definetly looks different from mine...you are using a strict windmill footing and you start with your upper arm/ the kb already raised away from your side (i think your weight is too light!!- go heavier and you will feel the need to drop away as you press!!).

when i get a vid (hopefully mon) I will show you what i'm doing...you may laugh!!! it may be all wrong...or maybe a hybrid of several styles?? i just looked at some of those strongman pics, pavel's bent press pics and played around with different footing. I definately squat more than you and my upper arm/ elbow is dug into my side at the start...i feel like i fall away, but you can critique whatever i am making up on mon....strong work!!!later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks man. Like I said, first time with the bent press so I'm sure there is miles of room for improvement. The original Russian Kettlebell Challenge book is what I tried to mimic my form from and he said something about a modified version so maybe that is the difference in form. I will also check Cotter's form. Agreed that I need to go heavier but it felt to wobbly(next time will be stronger). Looking forward to seeing your form.