Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tues 6/24/08

Did a little more volume than normal for a Tuesday. We'll see how it feels tomorrow. Here's how it went.

-Sumo Dead(2" pipe+chains)
64KGx5
112KGx5
128KGx3
128KGx1
112KGx5 2sets
6 total sets and my grip was fried after the 3rd set.

-Suitecase Deads 48KGx3/3 3sets
Good lift. This is the first time I have messed with this lift. I was going to try the pipe and chain but decided on the KB until I get use to the move.

-2KB Clean+Jerk 24/24KGx5 at top of the min for 10min
This move needs work. It really kicked my butt. I wanted to do 10 every min but there was no way. 5 was a challenge for me. It got my lungs going pretty good as well.

-KB Pinch Grip
10LBS/12KGx1/1 5sets no rest
10LBS/16KGx1/1 5sets no rest
This was kinda cool. I took my 10lbs KB and chained it's handle to the other KB's handle. Then I pinch griped the bell and lifted as high as I could. I'll get video next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good work!! i like the pinch grip work..i am gonna try it!! i am glad that you tried the jerk for conditioning...i have been thinking this also...any pointers?? later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks. I've got Cotter's Encyclopedia of KB lifts and am trying to learn the clean+jerk from it. I think mine is still pretty ugly. Try to get video when you do it, I'll do the same and we can look them over.

Anonymous said...

good deal...i'm there!!

Anonymous said...

something else...suitcase deads with a bar vs. with a kb are 2 different worlds...grip work deluxe..your pipe/ chains would be a nice twist to this move...later, alan