Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mon 6/30/08 and Wed 7/2/08

Monday

Just some bending today. I got my ironmind pads out and pushed on some steel to see what it felt like. Much different than leather. I ended up pushing iso's on a blue nail which I have been bending easily with the leather. This tells me a day a week with these pads might not be a bad idea. I think it will force the technique to be much cleaner.

Wednesday

-Sumo Dead(2" pipe)
48KGx5
64KGx5
80KGx5
88KGx5 2sets
This was intense. I think I have been describing my pipe wrong. Everything I have done up to this point was done with a 1 3/4" pipe. This 2" pipe is HUGE! Apparently pipe is measured from the inside diameter not the outside(DUH!). That means this thing is closer to 2 1/2" in my hands.

-Suitcase Dead(1 1/4" pipe) 48KGx3/3 3sets
I used the pipe and chain for these today. You are right Alan, much more grip work. Got some video of it.



-1KB Clean+Jerk 24KGx5/5 8sets
I ran the clock for 10 min and got as many sets as possible. I dropped to 1 KB so I could work on form. Much easier to feel what you are doing than it is with 2 KBs. I got some video of my first few sets. Tell me what you think. I think it looks better than I expected, but I didn't expect much.



-KB Pinch Grip
10LBS+16KGx1/1 5sets w/ no rest
10LBS+20KGx1/1 5sets w/ no rest
Did this the same way I did last Tues but used a little more weight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good stuff!!! those suitcase deads with the chains and kbs look tough!! your cleans look smooth...very crisp on the push press...i'm no expert by any means but i used to do a lot of push press with a bar and that was the style i used rather than the split stance catch....keep it up and i will try to record some and let you see what you think..

question: on the bent press..do you think i am falling away to fast or standing up too explosive?

also, what are you thinking about in terms of recert?...2009...rkc II you and me!!(--save some cash and split a hotel room???) that's no big deal but it would be cool to meet up and catch up with a few smokers and some whiskey!! later, alan...

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks man! The suitcase deads with the pipe are killer. You were right, again!

As far as the bent press goes I think you are falling away to fast. A push press and a jerk are meant to be explosive quick moves with the max weight you can handle. A bent press, on the other hand, is meant for a lot of weight but done slower with total body max tension through the entire move. At least that's how I understand it.

I think your idea on the level II in '09 is on the money! I'll definitely split the room. I love the smokers and the whiskey is just an added bonus.

HAPPY 4TH!

Anonymous said...

sweet!!! thanks for the advice on the bent press!!