Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sat 7/12/08

Taking a day off and limiting my activity to some z drills was just what I needed yesterday. But back at it today.

-Bent Press 24KGx3/3 5sets
I started with my arm closer to my side than I did last time. This made the move feel much different, way more lat. Got some video of it. I think it looks better than last time.



-TGU 40KGx1/1 1set
I messed around with the "Beast" for a few tries on each side. I got to the lunge position with my left, but then lost the balance of the weight.

-SSST 24KGx160 in 10min
I decided to make a little change with my snatches today. Instead of the 36:36 snatch work I tried the SSST. I have a goal of 200 in this and will try it every few weeks. This is 30 more than I did last time, which was in Feb.

-Sledge work
Front lever and front weaver 4x each.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the bent press is a butt kicker!!! your form looks solid from what i can tell...the start looks way better...funny how that position can really get the lats going!!!

good job on your ssst test...it is about time for my 5 min test again,(i might use the 32 and get a gauge on my weakness level)...i couldn't imagine going 5 more min ...i am smoked at the end of my 5 min torture session!! good job!! later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks man. I want to hit 200 with the SSST and then move to the 32 for that type of work. It'll be pretty comical at the beginning.

Anonymous said...

tell me about it!! we'll be embarrassed at the same time...i'll let you in on my comics also!! later