Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

First Day of Ladders - 7/23/08

Tonight was the first day the ROP ladders. I jumped in on the medium day so I could match up with Kendra as a partner. Here's how it went.

-C+P
32KGx1/1,2/2,3/3,4/4 - 2 ladders
32KGx1/1,2/2,3/3 - 3 ladders
Alt w/
-Pull Up
BWx1,2,3,4 - 2 ladders
BWx1,2,3 - 3 ladders
These were harder than I expected. I thought I would get ladders of 4 the whole way through with no problem. I will still try for ladders of 5 this weekend. I got my last rung of 3 on video for some critiquing.



-Swing 32KGx160 in 8min
I did these in sets of 10. I got a set from somewhere in the middle on video.



Good session tonight. Got some front squats, snatches, and bending on the menu for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

strong!! cl/ press..cleans are awesome..good rack postion - keep your free hand in a fist (irradation tech from pavel)...also just for grins practice the MP w/out a clean (i know pavel's plan calls to reclean) this is just to give you a different perspective - its different...you looked tight all over!!

swings - feet stayed flat, wt on heals, lower leg perpendic to ground, knees tracking, hips loaded/ hinged, spine straight/ nuetral, head focused straight ahead, and you glued the arms on the down pt/ and hiked...looked good

hard to tell but things i have to remind myself is activating lat and sucking the shdler down while pressing...also pushing your body down...gets kinda tiring - this is the main reason i dropped my volume down sooo much...better reps for me...yours looks solid - that superset thing is no joke...good job, later

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks Bro! Everything felt good. I try to think of those same points on the press. Definitely makes it feel much stronger. I'll play with the straight MP on variety day. The way I understand it the MP should be tougher because a good clean actually loads the arm and shoulder for a stronger press. Sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

yeah...it is a little harder....the clean is a good loader - but you got the right idea actually....variety days would be good practice for those...i have a tendancy to get tired with all the cleans followed by full body tension; therefeore i started skipping the clean to focus on the mp...later, alan