Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Medium Ladder Day - 7/30/08

Great session tonight! I am really feeling comfortable tensing the entire body and using the power breathing for these clean and presses. I definitely could have done more. Here's how it went.

-C+P 32KGx1/1,2/2,3/3,4/4 5 ladders
Alt w/
-Pull Up BWx1,2,3,4 5 ladders
The pull ups are feeling strong too. I think I may alternate weeks of BW ladders with weeks of single rep progressive weighted ladders. Give me your opinion.

-Swing 32Kgx207 in 10 min
I did these in sets of 10 every 30 sec till the end and then I snuck 7 more in before the bell.

Squats and bending tomorrow. Also, I'm going to try and get some video of a few TGUs this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are going to find your way, but when i do high volume ladder training i come out of the shoot great but after 2-3 weeks i start feeling beat up (my job may have some to do with this because of the spiratic sleep schedule)...so adding lower volume weeks may be the ticket in beating some overtraining!! try it and let me know....

for me, i can hit 5 ladders of 4-5 rungs with the 40 kg kb if i try hard. if i keep this format and base my light/ moderate days on this standard i get way beat down fast!!...this is why i am thinking about adding a lighter wt'd press day in while still using a lower volume ladder format so i can get an xtra day of pressing practice in..otherwise two days of OH presses is about par for my recovery - three days/week with the bulldog going 5 ladders as much as i can overtrains me...the lower volume is treating me much better!! but there may be a time and place for me to hit some high volume with the heavier kb...we'll see! i would be interested to see how your idea works...!! good luck! alan

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks for the advice. I am still feeling this program out and will use caution. I may try and alternate weeks of weight ladders and rep ladders, like I was going to try with the pull ups. It would give a break in volume and still allow for big volume weeks. We'll see.