Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Training on the 4th - 7/4/09

I decided to give something a try. I going try a little progressive strength cycle for the next couple of weeks and then parlay it into some power moves. It's obvious that my left shoulder and right hip have some catching up to do. I've been working my FMS corrections and have equal mobility on both so it's time to build the strength and the next step after that is of course power. I've come up with an A day and a B day, I will work both of them twice a week. The movement prep will be the same everyday and still be a big focus of the sessions. I will also keep the short runs and Indian club practice at the end of the sessions or on off days. Here's the A day.

Movement Prep - Core Act. Rock, Ankle/Arch Prog, Active Leg Drop, Brettzel, Neck Prog, Standing Trunk Rot, Lat Trunk Flex, Pump/Pry, Cossack, Explosive Step Up Pattern
It seems like a lot but I have been shifting to more of these things for awhile now and I like the results. I'm moving better and feel like I'm getting more quality reps allowing me to do less volume. I'll probably try and go through this movement prep series on off days as well.

-Arm Bar 24KGx45sec - 2/arm
-TGU 16KGx3/3
-ISO Assisted Handstand 30 sec x 3 - 3 sets
Superset w/
-SLDL 32KGx5/5 - 3 sets, 2 extra sets on right leg
-Swing Pattern BW x 8 - 5 sets

That's the day. The TGU, handstand, and swings will get different variations as the cycle goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love arm bars!! they are super helpful for my shoulder health--or at least they help them feel better..happy 4th!!

Carl Sipes said...

I agree, a lot of the folks I train are getting a steady diet of them as well. Hope had a good 4th too!