Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Saturday, September 5, 2009

And So It Begins - 9/5/09

I received my materials from Dragon Door last night so I decided to jump right in. VWC is up now. I've done a lot of the VO2 work in the past, but never before really understanding it I believe this will be different. I also got RTK for some reading material and the Fast and Loose DVD. The DVD is cool. I never really got what they were talking about at the RKC with these drills but I now have a little better understanding of this as well. I think it will help with some clients as well. Here's the day.

Movement Prep - Croc Breath, Fast & Loose drills, Mod. Brettzel

-BUTGU 16KGx1/1

-2 KB BUFS(Front Squat) 16/16KGx5 - 5 sets
Great drill! I will add the press in soon.

-Snatch vo2 Cadence - 16KGx27 last min

-Snatch vo2(15:15) 16KGx7 - 20 sets
Was thinking 30 but have to stay true to the snatch pace and keep it fast up and down. Plenty of time to build.

-2KB Rack Walk 28/28KGx60-70ft - 3 sets

Good stuff today! Felt good to blow the lungs out and sweat a bit. I also used the Fast and Loose drills between sets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet!! you da man!! you know what i mean now about that damn snatch speed!! changes everything! good job!---careful it becomes addicting! and what sux is that you will get 2 ways when you start reading rtk...have fun!!

Anonymous said...

"you will get pulled 2 ways" when you start reading---should've proof read..sorry

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks bro! Haven't started RTK yet but I'll give my 2 cents. I think both systems will give what they claim. The tough part is deciding what the goal is. ;-)

Anonymous said...

that's what i meant---i always get excited when i get a new book and want to jump right in---vwc and rtk are 2 very different training paths...but pavel touches on vwc in his book as a variation workout