Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Weekend

I had to get my sessions in early Sat and late Sun because we went to the Illinois/Illinois State game on Sat. Fun stuff! We got together with some friends for a big day of tailgating before the game. Lots of grillin', beanbags, and beers. U of I won but I think it's gonna be a long season when they start playing the rest of the Big 10. Here's how the training went.

9/12/09
Movement Prep - Croc Breath, Mod Brettzel, Fast and Loose Drills

-2KB BUFS 16/16KGx5, 20/20KGx5 - 2 sets
Felt good with the extra weight.

Alt w/

-Pull Up BWx3 - 3 sets
Still practicing the hollow position. There's a supine drill I've been talking to a fella about that should help this a lot. More on that after I try it a few times.

-Snatch vo2(15:15) 16KGx7 - 30 sets
Feeling better every time! Staying quick on the way up and down.

-ASLR, Mod Brettzel

I've started adding the mobility drills at the end for comparison and to make sure everything keeps moving evenly. For a little more on the brettzel follow the link to this awesome article on the Dragon Door web site. That's it for Sat.

9/13/09
Movement Prep - Croc Breath, Brettzel

Nice little recovery session today. Two 28KG bells and 15 min on the clock for various walks. This is coming to be one of my favorite sessions. The extra weight felt good and definitely noticeable. I did a little more with the left arm on the single farmer's walk and rack walk. Weird thing is that with the overhead walk the arms feel even if not a little weaker on the right. Some brettzel to end the day and that was it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work on your vwc...btw, i have been dragging with my vibrams on lately---very interesting, major ankle/ foot/ calve burn...wow! i think i will try some of those walks 2 morrow..later

Carl Sipes said...

Nice! Now that you feel that imagine them not working when you do certain things. Think that calve that keeps getting strained was trying to make up for some stuff? ;-) I really think you will get a lot out of this. If you are on grass that's a little uneven and makes the foot and ankle react every step all the better.