Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Here's the Weekend

9/19/09

Movement Prep - Croc Breath, Mod. Brettzel, Fast and Loose

-Supine Hollow Practice
Feeling better with this. Makes my abs sore.

-Pull Up 10LBSx3 - 2 sets, 10LBSx2 - 1 set
This was the first time I hung weight from my foot.

Alt w/

-Pistol BWx2/2 - 3 sets
The last set was off a 12" box. I have a harder time BW than with weight...no counter balance I guess.

-Snatch vo2(15:15) 16KGx7 - 39 sets

-ASLR

-Sh Sweeps

I followed this up with about an hour or so of shoveling dirt. Good stuff!

9/20/09

Movement Prep - Croc Breath, Brettzel, T-spine Glides

-15 min of various walks
24's for the rack, farmer, and single overhead...16's for the double overhead. I tried to go from one position right into the next so there was very little rest.

That's it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dan john loves his carries and drags...we talked awhile about this over whiskey and beer--very cool!

also, mvo2 snatches are meant to be "illegal snatches"...i didn't know this. we aren't training the snatch in this workout---we are only using it to illicit a vo2 response of 100% per each set...so snatch to face level (aka 10-11 o clock snatches) flip the kb over hardstyle and pull your fist into your stomach as you pull the kb down as fast as poss....the elbow stays a little broken the entire time ---pretend like there is a wall about 2 feet in front of you that you are trying to pull the kb away from as you are pulling towards your tummy---hope this makes sense...i will respond more in the email, later..

Jordan Vezina said...

Carl, if you're still working through your FMS corrections you may find BW pistols get easier, femur length not withstanding. It used to be easier for me to pistol a 24 kg. than bodyweight. That changed when I started correcting my restrictions.
I must respectfully disagree with Alan. My mvo2 snatches are legal, and Kenneth had made this very point. Mvo2 is no excuse for poor form. I could potentially see 11 o'clock, but not 10. I also lockout overhead, I don't retain a bent elbow. People are reverting to 'illegal' snatches in my opinion because they are trying to progress before they're ready. The overspeed eccentric is what allows us to hit 8 'legal' reps in 15 seconds.
Great work with everything on the blog.

Anonymous said...

re: vo2 snatches---maybe i misunderstood something then, because KJ makes mention about strict snatches in his book--so I could be wrong.

i may possibly be misunderstanding some cues from this last weekend with the overspeed stuff...i will double check with KJ about the snatches via email...and jordan may be right--they may be more of an eleven o'clock snatch---sorry for the confusion
later