Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Double Days - 9/10/09

I got up early and decided to do a little work before work. Some movement prep and then 15 min of various walks. Felt good to get up and get some movin' in early.

Afternoon session

Movement Prep - Croc Breath, Lat T-Spine Glide, Mod Brettzel

-TGU(press to elbow practice) BWx3/3 - 3 sets
Right elbow to ground still needs some work.

-Pistol 16KGx2/2 - 3 sets
Last 2 sets were done with weight racked in opposite arm.

Alt w/
-2KB BUP 16/16KGx5 - 3 sets

-Snatch vo2(15:15) 16KGx7 - 25 sets
This felt very good today... time went really fast.

-ASLR

Good day today! A few things I have been incorporating and feeling good with.
1) croc breath for a few minutes at the beginning of the session makes movement prep and everything else feel and work much better

2) fast and loose drills are very good - I didn't really understand them when they were used at the RKC events I attended but gettin' my hands on the DVD has really helped

3) less is more - since I've gotten back from CK-FMS I've focused much more on how I move and limited the variety I use

Just some thoughts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice job...i remember when i was first working on 15:15...all i did was a few presses and tgu---felt really good -- very limited but kinda freeing --weird i know

Carl Sipes said...

I hear what you mean.