Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back Off Session #5 - 10/21/08

Good day today. I got some practice in with Cook's FMS toe touch and squat progressions early in the day and the regular training in later in the afternoon. I definitely have some room for improvement in the squat progression but already saw a little bit today. I really like the FMS and corrective exercises that come with it. I have been reading through his book Athletic Body in Balance and it gives great insight and explanations to what you see in the dvds. On to the session...

-Regular warm ups with Y-squats and side roles

-Deadlifts
225LBSx3 2sets
330LBSx5
300LBSx5

-KB Press
34KGx5/5
30KGx5/5

-Chin Up BWx5 3sets
My left elbow has been giving me a little trouble on the medial epicondyle...a little tennis elbow. I really noticed on my pull up sets, so I rotated my hands and did chins. The elbow feels great after the work, so I guess this means I need to use both hand positions:)

-Snatch 24KGx94 in 5min
I did this because of the new RKC snatch test requirements. Just wanted to see where I stack up.

I finished with the same cool down stretches I've been using.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!! how did you feel after your 94-n-5?? the quote i get from people is they "taste blood and their throat's burn"....hmmmm,lol--later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Funny you say that, I did taste blood but thought I was just being a sis:) Glad to hear others share in my misery.