Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Last Session Of The Cycle - 10/2/08

Tonight was the last session of my current cycle. This was the first time I actually set up a cycle and finished it. Very cool! I am much stronger in all 3 moves and will have a 1 RM test on Sat to prove it. Not sure how I will test the front squat but the "Beast" will be in the mix somewhere.

As for the next cycle I will add the sumo deadlift and stick with the press and pull up. The different variations of the squat will take more of a recovery session role. Here's how tonight went.

-Front Squat
40/40KGx5
32/40KGx5
I had to hang a lot of chains from a 32 to make my second 40. Very awkward, but felt strong.

-KB Press
36KGx5/5
32KGx5/5
First time I tried to press 36. I think a set of 5 was the limit, but I got it.

-Pull Up
32LBSx3
28LBSx3 2sets

-Transfer Swing 40KGx10 10sets
No time on these, just took a little rest between sets and went when I felt ready.

-Bending
5/16"x7" 304SS to 4 1/4"
This was the first bend in a week. The week off was needed, but now it's time for some heavy timed isos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your name will become "ox"...because you are getting as strong as an ox!!! great job!!

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks man, it's been feeling good!