Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Max Test Day - 10/5/08

Had a great day in the basement today! PR's in pretty much everything.

-Front Squat 40/48KGx1 PR!
Probably could have squatted with some chains on the 40 but the cleans would have a little to awkward for now.

-KB Press 44KGx1/1 PR!
This was much more than I expected to get. I had never pressed the 40 before, but they went up so easy I decided to put the 10lbs chain on the handle and give it a go. The right was easy again, but the left required a second attempt and a bit more lean to the side than I would have liked. Oh well, it still went up. I tried the Beast on the right but it wasn't going anywhere YET...it's only a matter of time before it does.

-Pull Up 54LBSx1 PR!
My left forearm/elbow has been feeling a bit tight lately so I changed to a smaller bar for the pull ups. Being able to grip the bar better kept it from spinning and made the elbow feel much better. I do enough grip work, especially with the deads that will be coming up, that a little smaller pull up bar will be fine.

-Deadlift 410LBSx1 PR!
I also decided to find my deadlift max so I can build my numbers for the upcoming cycle today. My previous best was 401 and this was probably 1 1/2 - 2 years ago. One problem...I ran out of weight. I know I had some more in me but 410lbs is all I bought the other day. I guess that's not that bad of a problem to have, just need to go back and buy 2 more plates.

-Bending
5/16"x7" DR to 4"
This is farther than I have ever gotten this bar in one session, but I still need to get it farther. I'm in a little contest with a couple guys, the first to bend the Shiny Bastard wins. The stainless steel is much tougher than drill rod, so I need to pick up the pace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FREAKING AWESOME....DAMN!!! congradulations on your PR's!! i know you are having a new perspective on your personal possibilities and what you can accomplish...again congrats!! later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks man! I really felt on. I guess actually planning out your training and using all the little tension tricks actually does pay off. Who knew. LOL