Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back At It w/ Session #1 - 1/18/09

Felt good to get back to training after a nice vacation. Trying to stick with the basics, but I will make a few tweaks and see where this cycle takes me. I started with thoracic rotation and shoulder sweeps to get moving. Here's how the rest went.

-TGU 32KGx3/3

-Conventional Deadlift
225LBSx3
330LBSx5
300LBSx5
Felt good, I will play around with foot position to see where I feel the most comfortable.

-Stiff Leg Deadlift 225LBSx5
Added this in to put a nice stretch on after the deads. We'll see how it goes.

-Bent Press 32KGx3/3 3sets
Need to pay attention to my right shoulder position.

-1 KB Row 48KGx5/5 2sets
I want to add a set of 2 of these as the cycle goes.

-Hanging Leg Raise BWx5
I want to alternate this with the torso rotations I was messing with last cycle.

I finished with some back bridges and toe touches to stretch things out. I also want to spread things out a bit this cycle and see how it goes. I'm going to do snatches, swings, and plate curls 2x/week. I'll treat it like double sessions on some days and keep the snatches and swings on separate days from each other altogether. If I start to get run down and over trained I'll have to switch things around but if I can make the 12 sessions and then get the off week of recovery then great. I'll also continue to GTG on the pistols and 1 arm push-ups. Nothing big, just a few sets of 3/day on each. Just want to practice the moves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

right there with you on the back bridges...nice!!!

Carl Sipes said...

Those things are killer!