Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Back Off Day For The New Year - 1/1/09

I watched a lot of Gray Cook's stuff today and may have figured out a little something I need to clean up on myself. I couldn't raise my left knee to a good height because my right hip wouldn't extend all the way. I worked through a simple progression of a single leg hip raises, a rock back on all fours with on leg extended, and knee dip/ankle raise combo that allowed both knees to be raised to the same height. Very cool stuff! May sound a bit confusing but Gray gives a good explanation on this dvd. So that was a warm up and a cool down with few other stretches at the end. Here's how the rest of the session went.

-TGU 24KGx5/5 1set

-Conventional Deadlift
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
35LBSx5 2sets

-Bent Press 28KGx5/5 2sets

-1 KB Row 40KGx5/5
Left elbow feels much better even on these.

-Snatch 24KGx10/10 5sets

That's it for today. Sat will be a heavier session with more bending and I will continue to use the high step progression as a warm up and cool down for a few weeks and then retest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work bro!! Happy new yr!!

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks! Happy New Year to you too!