Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More Of The Same - 12/30/08

Started the day with the wall sit/press, agility ladder and speed bag. A nice 45 min start to the day. The speed bag is coming along nicely, the hands don't feel lost while alternating hitting techniques anymore. Here's how the afternoon went after a few toe touches and single leg hip raises.

-TGU 36KGx1/1 3sets
Felt good with the extra weight. Another time of 2 through and I will see how the bull dog feels.

-Conventional Deadlift
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
385LBSx5 2sets
Feeling better with this every rep. I'll be ready for a cycle with these after the vacation.

-Bent Press 32KGx5/5 2sets

-1 KB Row 48KGx5/5 2sets
Probably add some weight next time here.

-Plate Curl 2-10LBSx5/5 2sets
Tried the 25 and it wasn't happening. I'll get it. Thinking about getting a leverage block to help with these.

-Bending
DS #1 to 90 degrees on the left hip(PR!)
I didn't keep time(probably 10-15 min) cause I just wanted to get this thing to 90. Very happy with this bend, takin' it to an S very soon.

DS #1 to 50 degrees on the right hip
Thought this would be a iso session but finally got that thing to move after a few push/pulls. I guess that would be a PR for the right hip too. Good night of bending!

-Swing 40KGx10 every 30 sec for 5 min
I was going to do 7 1/2 min(15 sets) but felt the hips slowing down so I packed it up and called it a night.

I finished off with some stretching. My right quad is starting to loosen up and I noticed I am grabbing the ground with my right foot better. Coincidence...I think not. ;-)

2 comments:

Mark Davis said...

thanks for the insight. I ordered both books.

Anonymous said...

i would knock myself out with the speed bag...i think it is cool!!