Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Back Off Session for #9 - 12/13/08

The main warm up move has become the wall sit/press for 5 min. I always thought I had good t-spine extension but it is getting even better and the hips are loosening up as well.

-Suitcase Dead 155LBSx5/5

-Deadlift
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
395LBSx5
355LBSx5

-Mil Press 145LBSx5 2sets

-Chin Up 15LBSx5 2sets

-Torso Rotation w/Barbell 35LBSx1 min on/30 sec off 4 rounds
Not sure what to call this move but I got the idea from watching Ryan Pitts of Strongergrip.com use his Gut Wrench. I wedged one end of the bar into a corner and loaded the other end. The rotation was going from one side of the body, over head, to the other side. The reps fell off like crazy from the first min to the second! The third and fourth min were just rediculous. Great move, I think it will find it's way into the rotation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your backoff wts are becoming heavy!! remember when these wts were PR's!! lol...good job!!

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks Bro! It seems like that deadlift ramped up pretty quickly. I really like that PTTP style program.

Anonymous said...

yeah...i am kinda playing with how many days a week i can do deads pttp style...right now i am preoccupied (but who isnt!!)...but i think 2-3 days will be good for me (also depends on my sleep @ fire station)

i just need to settle in on a weight progression that will be effective...i am thinking that i need to start lighter than i have in the past...??? we'll see, later

Carl Sipes said...

Figure out where you want to end up at the end of the cycle and work backwards. That will give you the perfect starting point.

Anonymous said...

good idea...i like suprises -- that is my problem..lol!