Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Training Session - 12/25/08

I said I would stay off till Sat but couldn't keep away. I had worked the speed bag and agility ladder but this was the first resistance session in about a week. I figured that was a good rest period.

-Wall Sit/Press x 5min
I think I will save this for after the session from here on out

-Single Leg Hip Raise x8/8
Used this to fire the hip and open the hips before the deads. I tucked the leg in the air so that the thigh was holding a wadded up towel into my ribcage. This forces one hip to extend while the other stays flexed. Good for creating stability and mobility at the same time. Another gem from Grey Cook.

-TGU 32KGx1/1 3sets done continuously
I will start with these and go heavier than I have in the past.

-Conventional Deadlift
225LBSx5
315LBSx5 2sets
Felt good for the first time through in awhile. I felt the semi-sumo getting ready to stall out so I figure this slight change would be enough to keep the progress moving. We'll see. Filmed the last set for critique.



-Bent Press
32KGx3/3,2/2,3/3
Lost focus on the set of 2. I didn't really like the barbell press. I think this will help reinforce the lat engagement and then I may try the barbell again in the future.

-Bent Row 48KGx5/5 2sets
A switch from the pulls and chins to try and give the elbow a little different angle to work with. Again, we'll see how it goes.

-Plate Curls 2-10LBSx3/3 3sets
I noticed my thumb on the side with the tweaked elbow extends a little weird and is weaker that the other side. I'm gonna use these to see if I can strengthen it up. Making the wrists stronger will be a nice side affect.

-Swing 40KGx10 every 30 sec for 5 min
Nice quick hip action to finish the day. I want to add more heavy swings to the next few cycles.

A few little changes made for a great session today.

2 comments:

Mark Davis said...

I am going to try and keep up with you...

Mark Davis said...

I go through each bodypart weekly. I have not ever had a specific plan, as of late I have been researching and trying to set some better goals for myself. Doing the blog is part of holding myself accountable. If you check up on my daily routine, you will get a pretty good idea of what I am trying to do. I am always open to suggestions...