Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Session #10 - 12/16/08

Began the day with the agility ladder and speed bag. Put about 15 min in on each. The evening session began with the wall sit/press for 5 min and some toe touches.

-Deadlift
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
415LBSx5
375LBSx5
Felt good, I switched the order up a bit and saved the suitcase deads for the later in the session.

-Military Press 150LBSx5 2sets
Felt stronger than 145 did the other day.

-Chin Up 20LBSx5 2sets
Felt very good with the grip.

-Suitcase Dead 165LBSx5/5
Felt stronger leaving them till later in the session.

-Bending
Diamond Special #1 to about 80 degrees on left hip
A new PR so I'm very happy with this! This is the first time I've even moved a Diamond of any type and a fella' I know told me these are similar to the Classic's. I have more Special's than Classic's so I'll practice on these and cert on the Classic's.

SCF Polo #1(marked Polo #1) to 180 degrees started on right hip and finished on left
A PR on this shoe as well, I think 150 or so is as far as I've gotten one of these before. I'll video this next time for a cert from FBBC.

-Snatch 32KGx5/5 3sets
Just wanted to get some heavier snatches in. I was going to play with the Bulldog but I think the shoes took it out of me so the 32 had to do.

Torso Rotation 35LBSx30 sec on/30 sec off 4 rounds
A little better time line, I was able to keep moving the whole time I was on.

All in all a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!!! what about suitcase deads??

Carl Sipes said...

Did em' after the chins and forgot to blog it. Hope it still counts. ;-D I got 165x5/5, heaviest I've gone and it felt good. Great advice!

Anonymous said...

good deal...i saw your suitcases...i might of missed them last night...great job!! 185 is right around the corner!!!

preloading is the real deal...i remember studying it yrs ago...try it with your kb presses...kinda like pavel says...do loaded cleans using a heavy kb; then drop down to your pressing kb and it feels like a feather!! later