Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Friday, December 12, 2008

Session #8 - 12/11/08

Wall sit/press, agility ladder and speed bag work in the morning. About 40-45 min of work between all of them.

-Suitcase Dead 155LBSx5/5
The grip felt good, really have to focus on tight grip and square hips.

-Deadlift
225LBSx5
315LBSx5
435LBSx2
390LBSx5
Closing in on the 1RM so the reps will drop a bit. Good thing the back off day is next. This wave cycling really seems to be a great choice for progressive strength gains. It always backs you off and ramps you up at the right times.

-Mil. Press 155LBSx5,3

-Chin Ups 25LBSx5,4
Could have got five but the grip went. Not real happy with that.

-Bending
I was going to stay away from this till the weekend, but got a new kind of shoe and had to try it out. It's a SCF Polo #1 from FBBC but it's wider and has shorter legs(might be a little thicker too) than the normal Polo #1. As you can guess that is the formula for a tougher shoe. I went off my left hip and fought with it for 10 or 15 min to get it to about 70 degrees. I was able to get the other Polo #1 to well past 90 degrees. I guess it'll be another stepping stone to the Diamonds.

-Swing 24KGx10 every 30 sec for 10 min
Nice quick 200 swings.

Good day in the dungeon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dungeon...is it getting cold where you are?? Nice work on the wts!!

Carl Sipes said...

It's frickin' freezin' man! 5 degrees with a -12 wind chill this morning.

Anonymous said...

dang...i felt sorry for myself when we hit the teens in temperature...my garage is freezing!! I dress up like the little brother on "A christmas story" - (the movie where the kid shoots his eye out with a b-b gun...you may not know what i am talking about)..later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

"I had heard that word at least 10 times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master." Yeah...I'm familiar with A Christmas Story.

Anonymous said...

freaking hilarious!!! lol!!!