Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sat 5/10/08

Good workout today. Got a PR with the snatch vo2max protocol and bending. Here's how it went.

-Snatch vo2max(15 sec) 20KGx7 50sets
That's 12 and 1/2 mins of balls to the wall snatchin'!

-2 KB Windmill 32/32KGx4/4 3sets

I followed the KB's with a few bends done double overhand(this is my favorite style for now). I got a grade 2 bolt, a 60D common, and a yellow that I had slightly bent a few days ago but couldn't finish. FINALLY I got that damn yellow nail shut! I also ordered various stock of cold rolled and hot rolled steel that should be in next week. There will be some good bendin' coming up in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

roc on!!! i think 50 sets takes 25 min in the 15:15 vo2max protocol (1 min=2 sets, right?)...you said 12 1/2 min of snatching (maybe you are doing a different workout??)- 12 1/2 min would be 25 sets..i figured that in your excitement of snatching and bending you mismatched your math...great work on your 50 sets!!! i better get after it again so we can push ea other!!!later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

12 1/2 min of snatching 12 1/2 min of rest. So you're right it was 25 min total. I got a nice little blood blister on my left hand out of the deal but it should be ready to go again next week. I'll either try 8 reps of work the 24KG next time.

Anonymous said...

hahhaaa...my bad!! i thought your 12 1/2 was TOTAL time...any ways, great work!! later,alan