Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sun 5/25/08

Me and a handful of people put down about 15 pallets of sod yesterday so I counted that as my training and pushed Saturday's stuff to today. For a bit of fun I decided to test my mental ability to push. Here's how it went.

-Snatch vo2max(15:15)
16KGx8 60sets
16KGx7 20sets

That's 40min of the 15:15 protocol! Pretty significant PR for me. I decided on 80 sets but thought I would make the split 50 sets and 30 sets. This was very mentally challenging. 40 min is a long time to think about how... tiring... tedious... painful... but also a long time to think about... hiking the bell... hip snap... lock out...pull the bell down. Good stuff. Bending on Monday.

4 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

LOL, Sipes that is ridiculous and thank you for reminding me why I am do not like this protocol.

serious though, sick man, super awesome and sounds like the casa is coming along as well as the training.

Best to K and C

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks Joey. There is talk of a trip that way around July 4. Details to follow.

Anonymous said...

wow!!! that's what i'm talking about...and after working sod!!! i gotta try it...the mental aspect of like you said...snap, hike, lockout etc...how about your hands??? sweet work!!!

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks Alan. Definitely try it... it feels good when it's over! My hands were fine because I ripped then a week or so ago and I have been taping them for high volume work. The humidity in IL sucks! Rif does a great write up on taping on his blog, if you haven't seen it check it out.