Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snatchin' and Some Bending - 2/22/09

I wanted to see how I could do on the SSST but things didn't quite go as planned. Here's how it went down.

-Toe Touch, Lower/Upper Body Twist, Shoulder Sweep w/ add, ASLR, Single Leg Hip Raise w/ Foam Roller

-Snatch 24KGx106 in just under 5 min, 5min rest, x50 in 2 min 40 sec
At the halfway mark I knew the form was going to crap so I was going to take a 5 min break and do another 5 min. Instead I cut the second part in half cause the form started to go again. I'll get these numbers up over the next month or so.

- Bending
DC #2 to about 145 degree
I got it on tape because I wanted to cert on this but I'm not going to send it in till I can get it to 180.

DU work with 2 IMP's wrapped loosely
1/4" CRS(FBBC)x7", 6", 5 1/2"
That all felt pretty good, I tried a 5" piece but just got a little wobble on it

-Card Tearing
Got 30 cards and then started working on quartering a much smaller # of cards w/ each hand.

Fun day! I think I'll work on a little bending with one of my clients tomorrow so that should be fun too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ssst snatch is always humbling!! good work---keep popping!!

Carl Sipes said...

I seem to be going good and all of a sudden just hit a wall. I need to keep sneaking it up minute by minute.

Anonymous said...

try timed-minute ladders like pavel recommended specifically for ssst. 1 min on/ 1 min off, 2 on/ 2 off, 3/3...and so on up to 5 min and then back down---i think he spoke about it on the forum awhile back...
good luck