Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Session #3 - 2/26/09

The usual warm up moves to start out.

-TGU 32KG, 40KG, 48KGx1/1
The "Beast" felt better than it did the previous time. Still a little shaky at the end of the left hand side but the right felt very smooth.

-SLDL 24KGx5/5

-S.S. Dead
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
400LBSx3
360LBSx3 - 2 sets

-1 KB Press 32KGx1,2,3 - 3 ladders
super set w/
-Pull Up BWx1,2,3 - 3 ladders
Went to the reg. press as kind of a light day. I'll go back to the BUP next session

-Card Tearing Practice
I halved and quartered cards with both hands. The best was 28 Carda Mundi brand. I order a 72 deck lot from amazon and some are Carda Mundi and some are Aristocrat brand. They are definitely tougher than the dollar store cards I was tearing before.

-Ham Stretch, Kneeling Lunge, Cossack, Deep Squat Stretch, Toe Touch

I was going to do some snatching at the end but ran out of steam so I called it a day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you seeing any transfer from BUP to regular presses?? good stuff, later
alan

Anonymous said...

good job on your get-ups!! go try a bar!!later

Carl Sipes said...

I tied to double the 40 on Sun with a reg press but had to settle for singles. I'm gonna keep working them together and see what happens. I'll try the bar, keep forgetting.

Anonymous said...

funny...i can get 3-4 MP w/ a 40 kg; but i struggle to press the 24 kg in the BUP---hmmm

another thing i noticed today about the bar versus the KB in the tgu is the KB is a lot more difficult on my wrist because the wt is soo concentrated---still playing with it so i will learn more...but 115 on a bar felt easier than the beast did today grip wise...hmmm
later