Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Some Fun and Some PR's - 2/15/09

Just wanted to have a little fun today and see what I could do. Started out the same way I normally do with the ASLR, upper and lower body twist, and shoulder sweeps.

-SLDL 24KGx5/5
I used the same long leg position as the stiff deads, I just did them on one leg. I held the KB in the opposite hand from the leg on the floor.

-Semi-Sumo Deadlift
245LBSx3
315LBSx3
405LBSx1
435LBSx1
460LBSx1 PR!
470LBS failed
I went back to the semi-sumo after a cycle of conventional. It's a much stronger feeling style for me and think I'll be able to handle some bigger weights after taking a little break from the style. I was very happy that the last cycle still pushed my PR up 5 lbs. I broke 470 off the floor but it wasn't going anywhere after that. I think I will break down and use a weight belt for my heavy attempts from now on. I like to keep the aids to a minimum but at a certain point it turns to a question of potential injury and just being smart. We'll see how it goes.

-BUP 28KGx1,2,3,1,1,3
I was going for 2 ladders of 3 but I missed the second rep on the second rung of the second ladder, if that makes any sense. ;-) Still happy with the rungs of 3. First time I've gotten that many I believe.

I kinda had an all around grip session just to see where I was at with things. I worked up to tearing 25 cards. I'm using a different technique and it's much harder because you aren't able to fan the cards as you tear them. I also pinched 2-25's and got lifted but missed 2-35's. I got a few bends in all 3 main styles and bent a polo shoe past 180 with no leg padding.

-Back Bridge, Single Leg Drop, Hip and Quad Stretch, Cossack, Toe Touch

Good day! I'll start the next cycle some time next week. I think one more cycle and it may be time to work in some outside activities. We'll see how the weather goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome job on the pr!!! congrats!!

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks bro!