Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Had To Split Session #8 - 9/13/08+9/14/08

Saturday

-Front Squat
32/40KGx5
32/32KGx5
The difference in size of the 32 and 40 is huge. I think that makes the squat even tougher.

-KB Press
32KGx5/5
28KGx5/5

-Pull Up
25LBSx3
20LBSx3 2sets

Had to end it there for the day. Had a friend come over that I practiced the FMS on.

Sunday

I started with the warm up from the FMS. Pretty cool, shoulder and hips were ready to go.

-Snatch 24KGx5/5, 10/10, 5/5, 10/10, 5/5, 10/10
No timing on these. I did them just like the cleans from Thurs.

-Bending
Another fun one today. I warmed up with some reverse style bends for fun. A lot different that DO, much more grip required. Now for the DO stuff.
3/8"x7" HRS(National) - took it to 5 1/2"(almost 90 degrees)
5/16"x7" 304 SS - took it from 5" to 4 1/2"(need to get stronger at this position)
5/16x8" 304 SS - took it from 2 5/8" to 1 7/8"(2 hits, first time I've closed this steel, very springy)
5/16"x7" Bastard - pushed isos at 90 degrees for a few minutes and realized I was spent

Good weekend of work! I think I will do the FMS on myself later today. I'll post results tonight or tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work...i feel the same about the 48 in relation to the 40 as you do the 32 and the 40...so i hear yeah on the awkward thing...

hey do you have to get a kit prior to going to the fms??

Carl Sipes said...

Yeah, when 2 different size weights that big are both racked it just feels awkward. Must be good for ya! LOL

I don't think you have to have to kit first because there is a period of time after the workshop that you have to do a case study. I just got it early to get familiar with it. Are you leanin' to the CK-FMS now?

Anonymous said...

i want the rkc II (since i went thru the first rkc), but i think the ck-fms is a more appropriate choice (given my setbacks over the last few yrs)...so i have been leaning that way and mostly decided on the ck-fms workshop.

i am hoping that once i get there i will be convinced that i made the best decision. i am really unfamiliar with what i am getting into...and honestly, kinda frustrated about the cost - not so much the actual seminar, but all things included...airfare, hotel, food etc...ends up being a lot of bling...(especially with kids, x-mas, etc etc...basic life stuff)

so i really want to be sure about my decision...choices, choices, choices - it is good to be in this position...i guess,LOL - later, alan