Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Little Fun Day - 9/7/08

I felt like moving today, so I decided to have a little practice. Here it is.

-Pistols 16KGx1/1 5sets
These felt very good after the first 2. I guess I needed to feel the groove a couple times because the last 3 on each side were rock bottom and tight. I did them barefoot and like the way that feels even better that the Converse.

-TGU 20KGx1/1 for 10 min
This was a good breather. I'm not sure how many I got, I just kept a steady pace and tried to make my form as perfect and smooth as possible.

-Hanging Leg Raise BWx5 2sets
Just did a few of these to top it off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great workout!! i use the 10 min tgu all the time in class...it is a great workout...i think i usually get around 32 reps/ 10 min if i am moving a little faster ...but 2 a minute is a norm if you are really concentrating on holding positions,control and form...or it is for me...otherwise about 1 rep per 20 sec is the norm also...anyway, congrats on your pistol !!!

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks man! I was probably somewhere between 20+30 sec/rep, I peeked at the clock with 57 sec left and got 1/2 through my 3rd one when the bell rang. The pistols really suprised me! My knees always feel really good after I do them too. Must be doing something right.

Zach Coulter said...

What your doing right is going low. I'll say it until I die, stopping at high parallel or above destroys your knees. Going deep saves them. Plus your not using a bunch of weight. Just don't relax in the bottom position and, barring any unforseen circumstances, you should be fine doing them until your old and decrepid :)

Carl Sipes said...

Amen brotha! Pistols use to scare me because I hurt my knee doing one. Turns out I didn't go deep enough and relaxed at the bottom. Two no-no's, as you have already pointed out. I also enjoy ATG front squats with the KBs. I think one plays off the other nicely. Thanks for the words!