Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Session #12 - 9/23/08

Hit some PR's on a couple of moves. Here's how it went.

-Front Squat
36/40KGx5
32/26KGx5
I put the chain around the handle of the bell again today. I found a way that didn't mess with the clean. The set with 36/40 was the heaviest I have ever done. It felt strong!

-KB Press
34KGx5/5
30KGx5/5
This is the other move I hit my best with. I've push pressed the 40 but 34 is the heaviest for a strict press.

-Pull Up
28LBSx3
25LBSx3 2sets
I really want to try hanging some weight off my foot for these, but my bar isn't high enough. I'll figure something out.

-Swing 32KGx10 every 30 sec for 5 min
Went a little shorter on these to save for the bends. I like mixing the swings, cleans, and snatches up every time. It adds a little variety to an otherwise structured cycle. It also gets me breathing and keeps me in practice with the moves, which is basically why they are in the rotation.

-Bending
5/16"x7" 304-SS from 4 1/2" to 4 1/4"
5/16"x7" G2 hex cap closed
5/16"x6" G2 hex cap to 3 1/4"
I think I just ran out of steam on this one because the 7" hex cap was off center by at least an inch and felt real easy after the kink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it!! you are nailing your squats and presses!! great job!! later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks man! I should get even heavier by the end of this cycle...if it goes as planned.