Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Session #4 - 9/4/08

Found another thing I had to modify a little for tonight. I was rereading some PTTP and found that the weights in my sets were off just a bit. Instead of keeping the same weight for both sets I'm suppose to drop off about 10 percent for my second set to keep from working to fatigue. Here's how it went.

-Front Squat
32/36KGx5
32/32KGx5
Had to use the chain around a handle to get 36KG so it was a bit difficult getting them both in the rack. I think I might just hang the chain around my neck on these from here on out.

-KB Press
30KGx5
28KGx5
Used the chain again on this one to get 30KG. Works when it's around the handle for the press.

-Pull Up
20LBSx3
18LBSx3 2setrs
Still no bar...hopefully this weekend.

-2KB Clean 20/20KGx5 every 30 sec for 10 min
Every time I do the cleans I think they will be to easy until I get about half way through them.

-Bending
Had any easier night because I will try to PR on Monday with the "Bastard" 5/16"x7" CRS from Fat Bastard Barbell Company. Tonight's bends:
2 - 1/4"x7" hex CRS
17/64"x7" DR
9/32"x7" DR

Good night overall. Feeling strong!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool workout...elitefts.com had the idea of sliding a band through your belt and then standing in the two loops on the end (then you squatted with a bar on your back)...this added tension and got harder especially at the top!! and really forced you to explode throught the end....much like your chains!!

so hanging them on your shdlrs/ next might be a good idea....lots of mid back & erector overload!! especially since the kb's are in front also!! i wonder if you could attach them to a belt??? so to put the work into the legs mostly??? like a belt squat(wt tween legs/ hanging)??? good luck..alan

Carl Sipes said...

Cool deal with the bands. Adam Glass has some stuff he did an article on...sounds sorta like that. My chains don't really add or subtract tension. They are always hanging, at least with what I am doing now. I just use the chains to hit in between weights so the periodization works out.

I could hang them from my neck or around my waist. I think I will try them both and see what works best. Neck may mess up the rack and waist may hit the ground. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the ideas!

Anonymous said...

your right about the rack position..i was kinda wondering that...

and with the chains hitting the ground, these articles explain that is a training purpose - there is less resistance at the bottom and more as you rise to force the lifter to lift harder thru out the lift and evenly overload the body at the different vantage points til it is heaviest at the top/ a harder rate of force production or concentric contraction...great articles on elitefts.com and westside regarding how they use chains/ bands to increase their force (i bet Glass got a lot of his info from there when he used them with kb's)..anyways, i am not the expert...check it out, it is interesting stuff especially since you use chains with your pipes etc (that sounds weird, lol)...later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Louie is the king at that stuff. I've been checking out elitefts more and more. They have a huge article section. I don't think my chains are long enough or have big enough links to make a progressively harder squat or press.

You may be able to answer this. Were could one buy weight releasers? Not for me, but someone I know wants a pair. I checked all the places I thought may have them but nothing. Elitefts use to sell them but no more. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

if elite doesn't sell them ...then i wouldn't know where to start...good luck!! try YORK barbell??? later