Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another Big PR In Session #16 - 11/15/08

Started with the same old warm up moves then went right into the deads.

-Deadlift
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
430LBSx5
390LBSx5
First time I have attempted 430 and I squeezed out 5. I took some video to check what I look like when the weight starts getting heavy, for me at least. ;-) I stayed solid till the very end of the 5th rep. My chest stayed up but I lost the arch in my lower back. I finished off the rep to lockout but it was a little sloppy. Other than that they felt great. I take a little time off and then test a 1RM.

-KB Press
40KGx1/1
36KGx5/4 on the left
I think the deads drained me for this move. I'll still test a 1RM with the KB, but I will switch to a barbell military press for the next cycle, just to change it up a bit.

-Chin Up BWx5
I'm going to get some video of this just to see what my form looks like.

-Bending
A couple isos on a DC #1 shoe. My palm is pretty sore so I think the week off is coming just in time. This should be stronger when I return as well.

A few thoughts on the up coming cycle. I have been using 16 session cycles and will shorten to 12 next time to see how that goes. I will start with higher weights because of the shortened cycle but will also get the off week sooner. We'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

430!!!! freaking great!! very nice!! i am jealous!! keep it up!! later

Carl Sipes said...

I'm excited to see what I can get for a 1RM.

Zach Coulter said...

Dammit man! Why is it everyone has a bigger dead than me!?!?!?!?!?! NICE lifting Carl!

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks Zach! The Power to the People programming is what really made my dead jump.