Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

First Session of a New Cycle - 11/25/08

Good session tonight. Same warm up moves, but I did the in-line half kneel with a twist instead of a press.

-Suitcase Deadlift 135LBSx5/5

-Deadlift
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
355LBSx5
320LBSx5

-Military Press 135LBSx5 2sets

-Chin Up BW+5LBSx5 2sets

-Bending(single leather pads)
Reverse/left hand forward - 1/4"x6" CRS(blue nail), 17/64"x7" DR to 30 degrees(wanted to get it to 40)
Reverse/right hand forward - 2 blue nails
Closed all reverse starts DO style

Double Underhand Style(DU)
1/4"x7" CRS, 1/4"x6" CRS, 1/4"x5 1/2" CRS(right at 40 degrees)
Closed all DU starts DO style

-Snatch 32KGx10 every min for 10 min
I switched hands every minute.

Great night of practice that ended with the same cool down stretches. I also did some agility ladder work in the morning. I will try and add more of this in throughout the week. I also got a speed bag that I will start working as well. I think the faster paced moves with the legs and hands will go well as recovery work for the heavier, high tension lifts and bends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good work!! strong snatches!!...i finally logged on to the gripboard...don't understand most of it but i'll get it eventually...watching alot of adam glass's stuff-he's good!! i am really looking forward to bending, but will probably wait until after my test to start...for now i will do coc grips, BU stuff...and random pinch work...later!!

Carl Sipes said...

It took me a little playing around to figure out the board. What's your screen name? Waiting till you have more time might be a good idea, but it sure is a hell of a stress reliever. ;-) What CoC are you closing?

Anonymous said...

i think my screen name is alanm..?? all i am doing is reading for now...my coc are 1 and 2...i close the 1 -6 days a week for 3-6 reps doing overcrush/ hold on most reps (trying to grind the ends together)...i use the 2 occasionally depending on feel...i can close it 1 or 2 times with my right if i feel good...left is hit or miss...mostly i do negatives and holds with the #2...later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

That's a strong crush, I can't close my #2. From what I have read the overcrush works well.

Anonymous said...

thanks...like i said - it only hapens a couple times a month if i have been good about working my #1...the overcrush is a simple enough concept-i like it...later, alan