Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Session #14 - 11/11/08

Same warm as Sun. The lunge was still tough.

-Deadlift
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
390LBSx5
350LBSx5

-KB Press
40KGx2/2
36KGx5/5
Very happy with the 40KG press. I was only able to get 1 on my left side last time. I started getting adjusted in a different way on Friday. It's called the NUCCA technique, doesn't feel like much when it's happening but I noticed a huge difference in the way my shoulders and hips sat immediately. Very cool! I think this will do a lot for my strength training.

-Chin Up BWx5 2sets
I will stay with the chin up grip and add weight on my next cycle.

-Bending(Reverse Style)
Left hand forward - 1/4"x6" G5 hex isos, 2 - 1/4"x7" CRS, 1/4"x5 1/2" CRS
The bends were all between 70 and 100 degrees
Right hand forward - 1/4"x7" CRS isos for 5-10 min

-Snatch 24KGx100 in 5min
Still a challenge, but felt better than the last time I tested my #s. I think I might add 10 reps in 30 every couple of attempts and try to work up to the gold standard of 200 reps in 10 min. It will take some time but will keep me ready for the RKC snatch test next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job!! are you recleaning everytime you press?? or is this a strict MP?

sometimes the reason i do MP only instead of recleaning (besides making me tired) I seem to loose my footing and lift my heels on the first press when i explode and tense up... I'll get keep my heels planted for the 2nd and then the 3rd reps; it is only when i clean do I lift my heels before i press--hmmm weird...just wondering what you do. later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks, strict MP. I use to reclean when I did ETK but now it's one clean. Like you say, I can put more into the press. Whenever I feel my heels come up I try and grab the floor with my feet.