Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Session #3 - 11/29/08

Same warm up moves with the in-line presses.

-Suitcase Dead 145LBSx5/5
The right side is feeling closer to the left every time.

-Deadlift
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
395LBSx5
355LBSx5

-Mil. Press 145x5 2sets

-Chin Up 15LBSx5 2sets

-Bending(DO style w/ IM pads)
17/64"x7" DR closed
9/32"x7" DR closed
19/64"x7" to 25 degrees
The IM pads definitely force strict form. With the double leather wraps I was able to push on the ends of the bar, not the case here. Have to use much more grip and wrist strength.

-TGU 32KGx5/5 alt hand every rep

With all the grip work I've been doing I figure I need some ext. work for the hands to even stuff out. I picked up a cool little toy I saw on Diesel Crew's site called the Handmaster Plus. Check it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, where did you get your leather wraps?? i know you told me..good deads!!! later,

Carl Sipes said...

When I started I ordered a welding cloke from Ebay and cut my own. Kinda shitty leather though. Next I ordered some from John at fatbastardbarbellco.com, $7/pair and much better quality. What you might want to do is get a pair of courdara wraps from ironmind.com for $5 to start. You feel much more of the bar so the steel you bend isn't as big but you are forced into much better form. This will really carry over to the leather bending. Wish I would have stuck with them longer, I actually went back to them for DO bending. I think it also forces you to do more of a bend(wrist and grip strength) and less of a fold(pushing on the ends with pec and back strength). Search the gripboard for debates on wrapping styles, there are some doooooozies. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks...i thought about going to a craft store...but not sure what the quality would be like...good info!! later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

I did that too. It will be suede leather and very thin, but it works. Like I said I think thinner wraps are better, for the beginning at least