Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Session #11 - 11/4/08

The usual pre-training drills.

-Deadlift
225LBSx3
315LBSx3
390LBSx5
350LBSx5

-KB Press
40KGx2/1+1 on left
36KGx5/5
I almost got the second rep on my left side, halfway up...a little pause...and down it came. They still felt better than the last time I went after this weight.

-Chin Up BWx5 2sets

-Bending
Wanted an easier night on the bends so I played around with the reverse and double underhand(DU) styles with some 1/4"x7" CRS. I'm not very good with either style so there would be no going overboard. I couldn't move the stock at all with the DU but with rev. style I got it to 90 degrees(left hand front) and a little wobble to 10-15 degrees(right hand front). The conclusion I came to is both styles need a lot of work :-)

-Snatch 32KGx10 every min for 10 min
I switched hands every min so I ended up with 5 sets right and 5 sets left. It felt good to get a heavy bell over head and it really got me breathing.

Great night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

390x5...32 kg snatches...strong!!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, good job on your 40 kg press!...have you tried training in front of a mirror some with your OH presses??

I did this and saw where i was loosing tension (obliques/ opposite leg) when i pressed...when i correct and contract harder thru the obliques i can press down into the ground harder with my opposite foot/ leg--..giv it a try..later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Good idea. I do have a mirror in my basement.