Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Friday, April 11, 2008

Thurs 4/10/08

Not much off a training session today. I got in one of my series.

-Sots Press 24/24KGx5 5sets
-Pull Ups 37LBSx2 5sets

I didn't feel very strong on the pull ups again today but didn't think anything of it. It was when I went down for my floor press and couldn't get the 40KG up once on my right side that I knew something was going on. I felt strong the first day I used the 40KG and got weaker each time. Not good. So I bagged the rest of the day and went back to the drawing board. Here is what I came up with.

-Probably need to scale back to 3x/week. My body just responds better with the extra day of recovery.

-My right grip and wrist are much weaker than my left. When the KB gets heavy enough they just don't sit the same. Needs to be addressed.

-My intensity isn't there. I don't want to say I am getting bored with the work but it's getting close.

Solving the first problem was easy. The next two came with one answer. I am going to start learning more about grip strength and using these techniques along with some old KB favorites for some new training ideas. Haven't decided how I am going to program it yet but it should be fun.

No comments: