Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wed 4/30/08

Kinda spread it out today. I did some grip stuff early on at work, then some KB's and bending at home. Here's how it went.

Work
-Vertical Hex Pinch Grip 25,30,35,35,30,25LBSx1/1 3sets
-3 Plate Pinch 10,10,10LBSx1/1 5sets
I tried 4 and kinda got it. Just broke contact with the floor.
-2Plate Pinch 25,25LBSx2/2 3sets

Home
-Renegade Row 24/24KGx5/5 1set
28/28KGx5/5 4sets
Alt w/
-Bottom Up Press 20KGx5/5 5sets

The Bends
-White Nail
-Green Nail
-Grade 2 Hex Cap Bolt
-60D Common Nail
I tried a Grade 2 that I cut from 6" to 5" and barely budged it. I think I will take a 1/2" off one next time and try.
-3 Greens bent with reverse, double overhand, and double underhand styles.

That's it for tonight. I think I have to frame a deck tomorrow so we'll see if I get any training in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pinch grip looks good!!! i was doing some pinch grip and hexhead db holds...but my thumb started getting sore...??? i talked to an OT friend of mine and suggested some ideas...mostly i needed to stop (hopeefully tendonitus sp?) so good luck and be careful...doesn't look to be slowing your grip work down...later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

The thumb is definitely the weak spot so I can see where it might get tender. I use a mini pony clamp between my thumb and index/middle fingers like a gripper. I also have the chiro I work for keep my wrists and hands in line(perk of the job).

Anonymous said...

dude...i forgot that you work for a chiro...my part time job is for a chiro...I will try that clamp idea...if feels like an abductor/ extensor muscle??? who knows...i am hoping a little rest and light grip stuff and it will GO AWAY!!! haha later, alan