Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Heavy Ladder Day - 8/2/08

I went big with the ladders today, at least for me. Actually the further I went the better I felt.

-C+P 32KGx1/1,2/2,3/3,4/4,5/5 5ladders
Alt w/
-Pull Up BWx1,2,3,4,5 5ladders
I am pretty happy with the completed ladders. Here is where I want to go now. Mon and Wed ladders will be done with one rep sets and increasing weight. This will allow for a few heavy presses but a break in the volume. Next Sat I will pull out the "Bulldog" and see how far I can get on ETK style ladders. As far as the pull ups go I will keep next week the same as this week and then on Sat go to one rep sets with increasing weight just like this weeks presses. I want to try this format for a few cycles and see what happens.

-TGU 32KGx1/1 1set
I wanted to do more than this but the ladders took their toll and my lockout position was really fading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! what is your rest like between rungs/ ladders?? how long did your workout take? I remember when I first completed the 5 ladders of 5 rungs with the 32 kg...I was pretty smoked!

Are you planning on straping on any wt to your pullups?? Do it!! Are you doing snatches on your light OH press days?? Great job w/ your 32 kg... give that bulldog an ass-whoopin' on sat!! later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

I really took my time on the ladders. It probably took about an hour but that included the pull up ladders.

I want to put some weight on the pull ups but not till next week.

I'm trying to do snatches twice a week. I might go heavier with the snatches and leave the vo2max alone for awhile.