Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Friday, August 8, 2008

Med Ladder Day and Bending - 8/7/08

-C+P 24,28,32,40KG(Push Press)x1 5ladders
Alt w/
-Pull Up BWx1,2,3,4 5ladders
Felt good but still not going to be able to strict presses with the cleans on Sat. I think I will try a week of clean+push presses with the 40 and see how that goes. I'm thinking of buying a 36.

-Swing 32KGx10 every 30sec 20sets
This sucks but it's effective. 200 swings in 10 min. Really have to concentrate on snapping the hips.

-Bending
Good bend tonight. 9/32"x7" drill rod bent in about 2min 15sec. Got it started quick and then fought with it from 90 degrees till the end. Here's the video.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good workout...you're really thinking this!! i trained a guy in kb's for a yr...he did swings cleans and presses w/ the 16 kg...after about 9 mo or so we were playing around with the 24 kg and the 32...he presses the 32 kg 2 times!!! and then learns to snatch in about 5 min and snatches the 24 kg 50 times!! he was freaking out and i was kinda suprised myself about how strong his press got with "medium wts" (for his strength levels)...

so what am i getting at - maybe just because you can work the 32 into the ground but can't really get the 40 very well...maybe just cont practicing with the 32 and/ or try taping a 5 lb wt to it or something?? you're doing a good job because you're not giving up!! keep it up, later alan!!

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks for some more good ideas. I will definitely keep working with the 32 and through some push press or negs with the 40. I also think you were right about the volume of ETK being very high. I like the idea of dropping a weight on the med day. I also think I need to switch my days so I can do the ladders on Tues, Thurs, Sun. Shorter work days. I don't know, I figure it out sooner or later.

Anonymous said...

your getting where you want to be!! Aristotle said "we are what we repeatedly do"

...i think when pavel laid the ETK workout out, he hoped that we would "find our way" and tweak what needs to be tweaked...Gallagher talks about the perfect workout and how basically change and rotation are key (duh!!) things easily overlooked for me!! later, alan