Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Friday, August 29, 2008

My Big 3, a Smoker, and Some Bending - 8/28/08

I'm trying to put a little organization in my training with some periodization from PTTP. I will progressively add and back off with the weight and see if I can hit a few PR in the front squat, press, and pull up. I aim for a 16 workout cycle as long as the body doesn't tell me to back off. I will also keep my balistic at the end of the session and use the swing, snatch, and clean once/week. The bending and pistol practice will also have to stay in the mix. Hopefully I will be able to adjust the volume, make this stuff mesh together and compliment each other. Here is how today went.

-Front Squat 28/28KGx5 2sets

-KB Press 24KGx5 2sets

-Pull Up 10LBSx3 2sets

-2KB Clean 28/28KGx5 every 45 sec for 12min
When I started this I thought 45 sec should have been more like 30 sec. By the time the 12 min was up I was done! It had been awhile since I used double cleans and they were tough.

-Bending
I had a crushdown focus tonight. I closed a few easy bars and then pushed on a piece of 5/16"x7" that was already bent to just past 90 degrees. I probably pushed on this piece for about 15 min and got it to move from 4 3/4" to 4".

Great session tonight! It's also fun to know my next session is all planned out already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great workout!! check out the full body KB workout in our rkc manual...2 kb work - squats, presses, snatch, & wt'd pullups...it is a tough one, later alan

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks! I think I saw that program, the one with the ladders right? Looks like a killer.