Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Stayin' With The Big Moves - 8/26/08

-Front Squat
28/28KGx5
32/32KGx5
32/40KGx5 2sets(switch weights)
The 32/40 combo is killin' my stomach! Really forcing me to tense up. Good stuff. Gonna try throwing the 48 up there when I feel a little stronger with the move.

-Press(from a lunge) 24KGx3/3 3sets
This was cool. I pressed with the arm of the front leg. They all felt easy(I made it a light day) but the 3rd set was definitely the best. Trying to feel the groove.

Alt w/

-Pull Up BWx3 3sets
Same thing here. Nice light day trying to use very strict form and get use to leaving my legs locked straight.

-Swings
32/32KGx5 every 30 sec for 5min
1 Arm 32KGx5 every 30 sec for 5min
I was going to do 10 min with the 2 KBs but the hips started slowing so at the 5 min mark I dropped to 1 arm. Hips stayed fast the rest of the time.

-Hanging Leg Raise BWx5 2sets

Day off tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great workout!!i like the big moves segment!! good job!! later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

Thanks man! Thinkin' about actually structuring a cycle with these moves and not just winging it. We'll see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

highly recommended!! you will be amazed at how many things can be quickly learned when you have a good foundation of "big moves"...rock on!!!