Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Light Ladder Day and Bending - 8/5/08

Wasn't feeling it yesterday so I moved the session to tonight. Not real sure how I want this phase of the training to go but it will be something like this.

-C+P 24KG,32KG,40KG(push press)x1 5ladders
Alt w/
-Pull Up BWx1,2,3 5ladders
Not sure if I want to add more variety in weight for the med. and heavy days and stay at 1 rep sets or add a rep to each of these 3 weights for the med. and heavy day. Hope that makes sense, if not it will tomorrow.

-Snatches 28KGx5/5 5sets
Did these with fairly little rest between sets, but kept the rest low because it's suppose to be the light day.

-Bending(all 7" bars)
This was awesome! I started a new program today that is designed to get me bending the red nail. Ben Edwards is an elite bender that has really went out of his way to help me with my new addiction. Tonight I made a few more adjustments that he suggested(larger wraps and less nail in the wrap) and really surprised myself. Here's the bends.
-9/32" drill rod - kinked to 92-93 degrees in 30 sec
-19/64" drill rod - kinked to 98-99 degrees in 30 sec
-5/16" CRS - kinked to 90 degrees in 30 sec
I felt like I could have closed all of these bars if that was what the workout called for. Since it was a kink workout I felt like I did exactly what I needed to. Can't wait till Thursday's session.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...one thing i considered is dropping weight (to the next lower KB) on my medium day and keeping the ladder count high...fast tempo/ short rests so i could get a "pump" and kinda flush the system and going by how I felt that day...then on my "light days" i would come back with my original working weight and do the low rep stuff...just a thought, good luck and keep up the hard work!!later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

I might just try that. Right now what I'm doing is trying to get one week by the book and figure out how to drop the volume and keep the momentum in the following week, then right back to the book. I can kill the 32 and am having a hard time with the 40. I might even work in fewer reps with negatives on the 40 on my down week. Also thinking of pushing my pull up ladders to the variety day to focus on the presses. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

good ideas...i did the same type thing with the beast as you are doing with the bulldog...it helped get me used to really feeling the awkwardness of the biggun'

...oddly enough, before I could press the beast in strict MP fashion I would bent/ side press it, push press it, windmill it, clean it and do floor presses with it...it was suprising what i could do with the beast and what I couldn't do...i think it was mental..so keep working hard, you will nail it!! later,alan